All rooms are air conditioned and the windows also open for fresh Island breezes. We had a gentleman call one day a decade ago from one of Charlottetown’s better hotels where the windows didn’t open. Little did we know that when we checked him into the Premier’s Suite for a two night stay that he was a travel writer. This appeared in the magazine six months later:
- luxury support queen sized pillow top Simmons BeautyRest beds,
- cozy bathrobes,
- iPod/iPhone dock CD/clock radios,
- colour cable TVs with VCRs, (Flat Screen TVs and DVDs are bing installed this season)
- irons and boards,
- and hairdryers.
The bathrooms all have either:
- footed Victorian soaking tubs with showers
- or double sized Ultra Bath therapeutic air whirlpools with showers,
- and two with a separate corner shower in addition to the whirlpool.
The unique antiques show up throughout the house and every room has a focal point that sets it apart. Hand made quilts are on all the beds. Carol designed, pieced and quilted the first three as we developed Elmwood. Then over time and with our expansion to include the top floor servant’s quarters and the first floor Library, she was unable to keep up with the demand (I’ll never understand why she couldn’t make three quilts in three months and run the inn!) but since then she purchased a couple and has designed several and commissions the actual quilting to very careful Island women who make a winter income doing this work.
- WiFi for laptop use throughout the house plus we will supply a wireless card for older laptops.
- or use the house laptop in the Reception Hall
- free access to our fax and printer.
- Meetings can be arranged with notice.
There is a common guest living room with its own fireplace and balcony on the 2nd floor, complimentary stocked guest refrigerator, CD player, and both VHS and DVDs and reading collections. Our videos include over 200 titles with over 50 “Best Picture” Academy Award winners.